I don't know what to do with him. This is the second time during sacrament meeting that he has done this. The first time this nice woman sitting behind us was just smiling at him and he says, "What are you lookin' at?" This more recent act was voiced louder. The counselor at the podium was saying that there was no ward business so we would continue on with the sacrament hymn on page such and such. Harrison says, "Oh come on, I'm hungry here." Darin said that he didn't hear him so maybe I was just so embarrassed that I thought that everyone heard. I remember Lydia going through a similar thing. We were in the primary room and we had a guest come in for sharing time and she says, "What is he doing here?" That was the only incident of Lydia's, but Harrison has had many. Any advice on what cures a smart mouth?
7 comments:
I get to hear all sorts of remarks like that as I am the music leader in the primary! SO at least you know your son is not alone! It must just be the age. But I don't have any advice for you...my kids are still too young. But I can imagine how embarrassing that is for a mom! Especially in church! ;)
Yeah, we all have those embarrassing moments. I think anyone with kids understands, though it seems like Harrison's word choices are somewhat surprising for his age. Most likely anyone who heard him was just amused.
Funny Story!!
I have a really good one for you!
My friend Stephanie had a grandma that smoked and she had spent some time being around her. The next week when her family went to sacrament, she stood on a pew and rolled the program up like a cigarette and pretended to smoke it…and they were in the front row for everyone to see it. They never sat in the front again.
OK, my most embarrassing moment happened while we were at Temple Square seeing the Christmas lights years ago. It was a cold night and a son of mine (who will remain nameless) was unhappily being drug around to view everything. At the nativity scene, I pointed out baby Jesus in the manger to him, to which he replied (loudly), "I hate baby Jesus!" Try to explain that one to everyone around us. We tried to melt anonymously away... Anyway, this stage thankfully won't last forever and someday he'll be embarrassed when you tell this story to everyone.
I hear you on embarrassing moments that seems like they are on the loud speaker! Kids are really so open and honest with their remarks. I think the key is redirection. We've been working alot with our kids, trying to help them understand that the Spirit whispers, so if they are being loud they might drown out the softness that others are listening for. It's definitely still a work in progress. Good luck!
Just hang in there April. He may just have a strong spirit, I understand what you are going through my Madysen is very verbal in her opinions also. We try telling her how would she feel if someone said that to her. Granted she is a little older and understands more but it is what works for us, most of the time. Good Luck.
I think it is just the age...at least I hope. Bridger is almost 4 and will just randomly say I don't like that guy he is stupid about a complete stranger??? This to shall pass? Lets hope.
Post a Comment