Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Reminiscing

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

12 comments:

Dover Fam said...

I would have to say it would also be the Presidency meetings in the nursery. That was a crazy idea!!! I don't know what we accomplished, I just remember a lot of laughing, crying, children playing. CRAZY!! I also remember you always having a smile on your face and Lydias cute hair.

LM said...

April,
I remember when we went to
Texas together like 12 years ago. That was a super fun trip! Your little family has grown quite a bit since then!
Take care,
Leisel

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness...I'm sure I could write a book here! Here's a couple off the top of my head:
Sleepovers, Barbies, Newsies, Benny & Joon, eating Rainbow Chip icing right from the can (yum), 7-11 thanks to money from your Dad, Full House, cheerleading, playing "Mandy" and "Kelly" (remember that?), "the guys" (aww the love triangle between us, John and Dave-whatever happened to David Hobbs anyway?), making "soup" out of whatever we found outside. Remember when we were playing barbies in my backyard and you accidentally threw a Ken doll over the wall and it landed on my neighbors antique car that they just happened to be working on at that moment? Then we ran into my room and stood there with the lights off. We were SO scared!

April said...

April I am glad you found me! I have loved catching up on your family..here are a few memories..."the 5 tribe", the "guys", Chuck Hawkes (ew gross! what were we thinking!!), summer time by Tiffany's pool...ah the memories!

Anonymous said...

Mandee-thanks for the compliment of always having a smile on my face, I try to stay happy! and think positive. I am so glad that we were in the presidency together!

Leisel-I do remember that trip, it was fun, but the memory I have of you is playing Red Rover in Aunt Sonja's back yard (I think is was her yard) with all the kids. You always have a fun game or activity in mind!

Tiffany-Lots of memories, I might need some refreshing on "Mandy" and "Kelly", were those our Barbie's names? I remember catching cicadas (sp?) and playing with them in your fisher price RV. It was so fun living so close!

April-Did you know that the 5 tribe is reborn? Becky brought this to my attention; that we all have girls within a year of each other. I remember you telling off another friend of ours because she wanted to take me to a party. What would I have done without you?

Jen said...

There are so many memories, wow. The one that really sticks out, though, is when you and Darin very kindly took me back to my car that had broken down in the gorge. Late at night. That was so nice of you guys. Dang car.

Ha, I also remember when we were 18 and convinced we had found high school boyfriends who could last a long time. Silly us. Good thing we were wrong.

Tiffany said...

We used to be in love with Mandy Olivera (or whatever her name is) and Kelly Bania, for some reason. We would "pretend" to be them. I was always Kelly and you were always Mandy (I think).

Marilene said...

April, this isn't much, but I remember when you first moved into our ward, I thought you were one of the cutest pregnant ladies! I have really enjoyed doing visiting teaching with you these past couple of months and getting to know you better!

Anonymous said...

Jen-That was fun, because I got to see you. Good thing we knew about that back road, it took no time at all. We were young and naive, that is my excuse.

Tiffany-I don't remember that, but that is funny that we did that. That is the fun part about reminiscing, others can always fill in the blanks and remember different things.

Marilene-Thank you so much for the compliment. I love that you are my VT companion. I have had fun!

Allyson said...

Remember the all the awesome super activities? We would do the Baywatch run from the beach down into the water? Remember the last super activity and we were the only ones that went. We had to hang out with Caleb Johnson and we made you that super cool mermaid tail in the sand!!!!

Anonymous said...

Allyson-I do remember those, they were so fun! I loved cliff jumping and listening to Sting in your Dad's boat. I have pictures of that last trip! even the mermaid.

Tammy said...

Piano, ballet, tap, & jazz classes for a daughter who hated being center stage??? Your and Tiff's tap duet and the Lollipop kids (still have the video). "Dad, where's my flowers?" beginning the tradition of you getting flowers everytime I did. Carrying on the Cheerleading tradition. The Five Tribe allowing Grant to be their mascot. Your 18th birthday murder mystery dinner. Crying AFTER dropping you off at college, not before, like your Dad. Wedding Dress shopping and David's Bridal losing your dress 2 days before your wedding. Your ability to hear the quietest whisper if your name is mentioned - radar ears. Your late-night giggling that you can't stop. Our Mother, Daughter, Granddaughter (girls only) trip to Utah - the Best! A Dream Daughter who is my dearest friend. So proud of you and Darin. Love, Mom.