Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Winter Update

Darin has a new calling in our Ward as Ward Clerk and is very busy with the new Bishopric that just got called right before tithing settlement. This calling is so good for him, before he was Sunday School President and didn't get to interact with many people because he had Valerie while I went to Primary, now I take Valerie with me and he gets to interact with great people.

I have been sick the last couple days and so shopping for the last little things for Christmas has been put on hold. Darin and I went shopping on Friday and got most of the gifts we needed, but I am hoping that what I have is a small cold and that it will quickly go away so that I can finish up the details of Christmas.

Lydia was part of a play at school, she had so much fun! She even received a speaking part and already had it memorized the first day of practice. It was so cute to watch her ham it up on the stage. Darin was glad that it was a small play (20 min) but I told him that this is only the beginning. She loves school to the point that she was in tears one day when I made her stay home sick. Both her school teacher and Primary teacher say she is such a joy to have in class. She is becoming a very good reader and had no trouble at all when they learned to tell time this past week.

Harrison is Harrison. This past Sunday while sitting in Primary one of my little Sunbeams said she was cold. I couldn't do anything for her at the time because I was holding Valerie and I didn't have a coat or blanket or anything. Next thing I heard was her asking Harrison if she could use his blanket. To my surprise Harrison said sure and handed it over. The little girl wrapped it around herself and was happy as can be and it didn't bother Harrison at all that someone else has his Boppy. Yet the week before, when we left Boppy home and went to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner, he was hysterically crying for 1/2 an hour!

Valerie has been walking everywhere since we were in California for Thanksgiving. I will officially call her a toddler and she thinks that she is big stuff. She is so much more enjoyable now that she is free to move as she pleases. She has been giving kisses lately and now waves and says bye bye. Last night at dinner she threw her food covered bottle on the floor and Darin said, "Valerie your ruining the carpet". She looked down at the carpet and said some jibberish in the same tone he used. It was so funny, but if the sassyness continues I don't think it will be that funny once we know what she is saying back to us.

No comments: