Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Bus fears come true
Yesterday I went to pick up Lydia from the bus stop, however she was not on the bus! I rushed home as fast as I could (I was walking with Harrison and Valerie in the stroller) and loaded the kids immediately in the car and sped to the school. Good thing I did speed because I just barely caught the Principal and another lady walking out of the office. I told them that my daughter was not on her bus and they got on the phone with transportation as they told me that two of the buses were switching a stop today (this is the first I heard of this). Long story short Lydia got on a different bus because that is what her bus driver said to do. I talked to the kids at the bus stop today and they said the second stop was supposed to get on a different bus. He must not have communicated this very well, he should be more clear, he is talking to kids as young as 5. Anyways, they found her quickly and the bus that she was on brought her back to the school to me and I drove her home. I was so mad at the bus driver 1. for telling Lydia to get on the brown (color coded) bus and 2. for not telling me about the stop switch, when he asked me who I was waiting for I told him little girl with long blonde hair, he could of told me then. (apparently he thought I said red hair, blonde and red sound nothing alike!). I talked to her bus driver today and he is confused himself about the switch, so I am not so much mad at him anymore as much as I am mad at the transportation system who didn't communicate to the parents at all about this switch and didn't communicate to the bus drivers very good either. They will be hearing from me today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
SO SCARY! That happened to me once with Jameson when he was in kindergarten--I was a blubbering mess! I'm so sorry that happened! What did Lydia think of the whole ordeal?
Lydia was fine, I was pretty much calmed down by the time she got to the school so I put on a happy face and pretended I was okay with the whole ordeal. The bus driver of the bus that she was on was very nice and helpful. I was so greatful for helpful people that day!
That is really scary. I'm glad everything turned out okay. I am not surprised with the lack of communication. As a former CCSD employee, I could go on and on for hours about their craziness!
Wow!! That must have been scary!! Glad everything is ok though. Hope it all gets situated.
...Update...
I talked to the transportation office and they told me to talk to the school, so basically everyone is passing the blame. Bottom line the communication needs improvement. The lady I talked to said that some of the buses are overloaded and need to give stops to other buses and when they work it all out then a letter will be sent home. I just hope that she steps off the bus when I pick her up today.
So sorry April, that is scary. I had to give in and just make it my responsiblility to go get the kids from the school. The traffic maybe crazy but atleast I know where my kid is. Plus I have had too many bullies on the bus so I had to say the heck with it. I hope it works out!!
April,
Lincoln is in 2nd grade now and I have yet to send him on the bus because I'm too paranoid. I've been thinking I would do it this year, but your experience may have swayed me to keep picking them up everyday. Oh I can only imagine how horrible that would feel, I'm sorry!
My kids had the same mix up today (at least they all made it home, but only after tears at the school for one of my boys who was being told by all the grown ups to get on a bus different than the ones his brothers were already on). I can't believe they are just changing things without having it all figured out and at least a letter to the parents. This is ridiculous. Hopefully things will get normal again soon!
I can olnly imagine your fear! Very scary.
So scary!!!! I am glad it all worked out ok. I don't know what I would do....probably ring someones neck. I don't like the pass the blame thing, that makes it even worse. Good luck tomorrow. :)
So So scary! It's a good thing that she didn't realize that maybe she should be scared. I hope things get better!
Oh! How scary! I'm so glad that everything came out alright in the end, but this is how we go gray, right?
How scary! Seriously that would just be terrifying. I'm glad it all worked out, but they do need to get all the confusion worked out when they are dealing with kids.
Post a Comment