Sunday, April 26, 2009

A busy weekend

as you can tell from this picture, I guess she just couldn't take it.

Chad and Jenn were married earlier this year in Hawaii and we weren't able to be there to celebrate with them. So Friday night we threw them a party at my Parents' house. It was so much fun to see people that we hadn't seen in a long time. My kids were a little confused though, Friday was also my birthday. So when we were setting up the tables and centerpieces, Lydia said, "This is so beautiful for Mom's birthday". And when the Open House was coming to an end, Harrison ran up to me and said, "Mom! we can't leave yet, you have presents".

Although it was a busy weekend, I had a wonderful birthday. I was surrounded by family and friends all weekend, Darin surprised me with beautiful earrings and a movie, Saturday we celebrated my and Jenn's birthdays with Rainbow Chip cake, my Parents also surprised me with a large saucepan that I desperately needed, Chad and Jenn got me birthday cards and a gift card, we were able to get family pictures taken, and I received many birthday wishes from family and friends. What more could you ask for? I am truly blessed! Thank you everyone for making my birthday a great one.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Aww! That all sounds so nice. Happy belated birthday. :)

Karri said...

sounds like it was a fun time...Happy Birthday!

April said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I am so glad you had such a wonderful birthday and were able to share it with those you love.

Christene said...

Glad to hear your birthday was good. Your class was wonderful to teach, what great kids!