Saturday, December 19, 2009

Winter Update

Lydia has recently lost both her front teeth and when Darin made a comment about all she wanted for Christmas was her two front teeth, Lydia's response was, "That's not ALL I want, I want other things too." She turns 8 next month and will be baptized in February and she can't wait! She always asks people if they are going to come to her baptism.

Harrison has had a problem with saying his K sound, but has been working so hard with the speech teacher at school that now is doing so much better. Darin mentioned to him one day that while he is at work during the day, Harrison is the man of the house. He has taken this job very seriously and has asked me for things to do because "if he is the man of the house he needs something to do" he says.

Valerie is growing up way too fast. It doesn't help that she is Miss Independent and wants to do everything herself, she acts way too old. We recently watched the 2nd Night at the Museum movie, but before that the kids loved watching the commercial for the movie with The Thinker statue saying, "Fire Power" even Valerie would go around quoting him. One night while at my parents house she was pointing to the Christmas tree and saying, "Fire Power" it took me a minute to realize that she was talking about the angel Moroni that my parents have on top of their tree. Then the next night the spiderman with the sand man was on TV and when she saw the sand man she called him fire power as well. It is funny how kids make those connections.

Baby News: Thursday I had an ultrasound per my Doctors request (I think because I was measuring small), but everything looks great. The baby is now 6 pounds 10 oz. Friday I had an appointment with the Doctor and I am at a 3! I was hoping for this because I am happy to know that things have started.

5 comments:

LM said...

Your kids are growing up so fast! They are darling! That's so exciting about this next little one. Can't wait to meet the little bundle.

Chrissy said...

that is so exciting to know that things are starting and you could have a baby anytime! I hope that everything goes well!!

Christene said...

I love the last part...about the being almost there! I know how exciting it is to be ready to have your baby and have your baby on the same page. Hope all goes well for a Merry Christmas!

Shannon said...

That's so exciting about the baby!! I didn't realize you were so far along. It's been so long since I've seen you guys! Valerie is still a little baby, in my mind. LOL

katrina said...

Yeah! A post form you guys! I was having Pope withdrawals. Your kids are HI-laroius!